Friday, August 19, 2011

Leaving on a jetplane...

Today was packed.  Totally packed.  Grandma woke me up at 6am to do her interview, before the whole house woke up, before the day got a chance to tire her out.  So we sat down together for a good long talk.  Had such super bad conscience for cutting her short, but I really could have let her talk forever and ever.  That woman has sooooo much to say, and all of it, almost, is relevant.  Or at least it feels like I can relate to most of it.  Amazing.


Then I met my mum this afternoon.  The perspectives she lent me on things... wow.  Truly interesting to see your parent through a lens.  I had no idea she thought the ways she does about so many things, namely becoming a mother quite young in life and how that affected her.  Not to mention that she associates her leaving Guyana with the song "Leaving on a Jetplane".  New insight everywhere!


I don't want to give too much away, and I still have to pack.  Estimated time of departure is in less than an hour, so I'm really behind, but I'll make it!  I've been taught how to pack by the best in the world!


Wish us luck... more news when we touch down on the south side of the equator tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment