Monday, August 8, 2011

Hiatus = OVER!

Hello everyone!

Sorry for my prolonged absence from the blog, but I have been on holiday!  We just got home from Australia, and the wilds of the southern hemisphere.  Truly amazing place, which has become an easy favorite.  I can almost promise that we will be visiting the land down under again very soon.

As for the documentary, I'm sure you are all very curious about what has been going on!  Well, there is quite a bit of news!

First, my uncle will also be joining the expedition, as I might have mentioned.  He is a police officer, and has quite a bit of traveling under his belt too, having been in Sudan for 9 months on a peace keeping assignment, as well as in Kosovo many years ago.  He, my mother and grandmother leave on August 19 from Pearson International in Toronto, arriving in Georgetown, Guyana the following morning.  It's all starting to come together, which makes it all the more real, and all the more exciting!

I have also been graced with a barrage of donations, from far and wide, from so many generous and kind benefactors!  I will make a proper list and acknowledge everyone here soon, but for now, a HUGE thank you to all those who have contributed.  As mentioned in my earlier posts, as a way to thank everyone for their generosity, I will be volunteering my services as photographer to those who make a donation, in any amount, to the project.  Portraits, family photos, pet photos, baby photos, documentary photos... you name it.  There are endless possibilities and I am happy to trade my services in exchange for your support!

Anyway... for now, that's about all.  I am starting to collect my equipment, do laundry from our last trip and think about packing for the upcoming one!  I am beyond excited, and look forward to updating you all about it along the way!

First interview is my uncle Kirk, who will be traveling with us.  I will be with him and his lovely family in Collingwood, Ontario when I land on Sunday night, and have an interview with him then.  During the week, I plan to meet my mother and the rest of her siblings, as well as my grandmother for interviews as well.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment