Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Second interview: Amanda da Silva





I have just landed... literally... from a high-flying, gravity defying early morning interview with my mum's youngest sibling, Amanda.  I arrived there just after 6am, and we ate breakfast together, and then started in with the interview around 8am.  Two hours later, I am absolutely reeling.  She is one of the most insightful, passionate, creative and intuitive people I have ever known.

Amanda da Silva, mum's youngest sister.  Youngest of five.
We have bonded over the years, we have most certainly conflicted and gone periods without communicating much, but when it comes down to it, I just have so much love for this woman, it's almost silly.  Ha ha ha... we essentially grew up together, her being about 12 when I was born.  In a house full of teenagers, I was like a new toy almost, but had the privilege of growing up with all my aunts and uncles more like siblings.  This is perhaps where my fascination stems from, a desire to have their voices heard, to listen to them in a way that I have never listened to them before.  In any case, having sat with Kirk, who I also have a strong connection to, and now Amanda (who has actually not had communication with the family for about a year and a half)...  well this process could not have started any better.  Here is a still from our talk today.  I have been blessed with a radiant, vibrant and beautiful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment